1. According one of the filesharing websites, Game of Thrones is one of the most illegally downloaded show in the world. The show is so popular that parents are naming their children after the characters, like Ariya and of course Khalese.
2. Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa Stark, adopted the direwolf who belonged to her character before it was killed by King Joffrey. She said she always wanted a dog but her parents didn’t.
3. Peter Dinklage is vegetarian. All the “meat” he eats on the show isn’t real, its tofu.
4. Him and Lena Headey were friends before the show began, and Dinklage even helped get the part.
5. After winning the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Peter Dinklage became the show’s top-billed star.
6. Maisie Williams, who plays Arya, learned to fight left handed, because Arya is left handed in the books. Her mother actually, didn”t let her read the books, as she felt they were too grown up for a young girl.
7. The cast is full of porn stars. Show’s producers cast a number of genuine adult film stars to make it more real and professional. The actress who plays Tyrion’s mistress, Shae began her career as a porn actress.
8. The show is even credited with inventing the phrase “sexposition,” which basically means revealing important plot points of a story while tons of gratuitous sex is happening.
9. The author says rape and sexual violence are a part of his story because they illustrate one of the series’ main themes, “that the true horrors of human history derive not from orcs and Dark Lords, but from ourselves.”
10. The producers asked the Language Creation Society to construct the Dothraki language. It contains more than 3,000 words.
11. The show almost didn’t make it to air because the original pilot was so bad. Producers decided to re-shoot the entire pilot with five roles recast, including Michelle Fairley and Emilia Clarke.
12. By the way, Emilia Clarke,does not dye her hair blonde. She wears a wig instead. More than two feet of human hair is used to make each of the show’s Emmy-nominated wigs.
13.The show’s costumes are “aged” two weeks to perfect their gritty look.
Shows costumes image
14. The iron throne took two months for the prop department to construct and is made.